A New Diagnosis

I finally went to a doctor who seems pretty confident about what I have.  He had me do a Cunningham Panel, which is a blood test.  I got the results back couple of weeks ago and it seems like I have a component of PANDAS/PANS, a nervous system disorder.  Luckily, this doctor has had similar cases and has a treatment.  I am currently in process of completing a ten day cleanse where I can only eat fish, fruits, and vegetables for the bulk of it(and drink a nasty powder supplement).  While I am doing the cleanse I also started taking a boatload of supplements.  I will be taking these supplements plus an antibiotic I have been taking for a little bit now.  Hopefully this treatment will be the one to end all of this.


Still not changing the name of the blog even though I don’t have epilepsy…

The Mayo Clinic

So far the Mayo Clinic has been a nice experience.  It’s nice to be in a place where I might be able to get some answers with whatever it is going on with me.  I’ll be going to the “Spells Clinic,” where they have had cases like mine, which is comforting that I’m not the only one.

After going to the spells clinic and then an allergist, we were still left in the dark about what I might have.  Unfortunately we will have to leave empty handed and head back home.  On a side note, the architecture is impressive and each building has it’s own style.  Though I did not get any answers, I’m glad that this place is here to help other people with hard cases.

Kefir Crepes

I deviated from my normal crepe recipe when I found out you can use Kefir, a drink that’s between yogurt and milk, in crepe and baking recipes.  Since I am a huge fan of Kefir for it’s taste and health benefits, I had to try it.  The recipe I used was a mix of one I found and how I make the other crepes.

Let’s get down to business!

2 Cups Flour or flour mix

3 Cups Kefir

1 Cup Water

2 Tbsp Coconut sugar

3 Tbsp Olive oil

1 tsp Salt

1 tsp Baking soda

Throw the flour, 1 cup of Kefir, sugar, oil, salt, and baking soda into a mixing bowl and blend it till it’s free of lumps.  After mixing, add the rest of the Kefir and water to the mix and blend it until it looks like cream.  Let it rest for about 25 minutes.  When it’s done resting it should have bubbles on the surface.


Oil a pan with whatever your preferred oil is and let it heat up.  Pour the batter in a swirl and then let it cook till the shininess goes away, flip and then cook for about 2 minutes.  Use as much as you like then store the rest in a jar for later.


I usually top mine with Icelandic yogurt and bananas or sour cream and blackberries. You can either stack them, roll them, or fold them into triangles.  I just stacked mine.


This recipe is definitely my new favorite way to make crepes I have enough left over for a week, so I know what I’ll be having for breakfast.

Coffee Seasoned Hamburgers

Coffee grinds and hamburger patties doesn’t sound normal or good, if you haven’t had patties like that before.  I got the idea from a local hamburger restaurant that has a coffee crusted hamburger.  I used my Wander Coffee Teruko.


Before jumping straight into the recipe, we don’t use exact measurements in this house.





Onion powder

Chili powder

Around Half a cup of coffee grinds of your choosing (smokey, dark blends)

1 1/2 ib hamburger meat

Steps for cooking:

Mix the ingredients with the hamburger meat in a large bowl (amounts of spices may vary, I mixed the spices in to my liking and did not measure anything.) Form the meat into patties and put on a plate. slap the patties on the grill. Grill the patties for 3 minutes on one side, then flip to the other side and cook for 5 minutes for a nice medium burger.

Take the burgers off the grill once they are done cooking and place on a serving plate. Let them rest for 2 minutes.


At this point the kitchen will be smelling like food heaven.  We like to serve our burgers on a bed of Kale.  I put some Gouda, grilled onions, and a freshly sliced avacado on top.

The results were fantastic, I will make these again.

A New Semester

Starting this new semester will be interesting. I’ve never taken online classes before, but I think I’ll like them. I’m non traditional to begin with, so having the freedom to do my classes anytime, anywhere is a good idea to me. Thankfully my seizures, or whatever they are, are slowing down. I’ve only had a few small ones here and there. It’s nice to finally have some freedom. Anyways, I figured the best way to start the semester was with a new coffee.

This coffee hails from Fort Collins, Colorado. The Wander Coffee Teruko blend is a nice medium blend. It has a smokey undertone and is pretty rich out of a Chemex. The grinds by themselves would probably be good as a rub for some beef, I know that sounds weird for a coffee.

I may not be an Epileptic Anymore…

I won’t change the name of the blog, but I got results back from the five day EEG that show I may not have Epilepsy.  During the episodes and seizures I had while the mass of bandages was on my head, my brain waves were normal.  At least my brain is normal, I don’t have to worry about something in there anymore.  The neurologist said the best results came from the 24/7 video recording.  Every time I had a seizure, he saw the way my body contracted on the right side was unusual for Epileptic seizures.  At this point he is trying to figure out what I have.  I could have a movement disorder or a vascular problem.  The vascular problem could be an answer, as my arm get’s cold and numb, like there is a slowing of blood going to my fingers.  I have a test coming up to look at blood flow, like an MRI for my veins.  Hopefully when I get that done, we will get some good results out of it.


James 1:2

The Five Day Lock-in is Over!

After five days of annoyance, I’m finally allowed to go out of my house.  I had more than 25 electrodes on my head and two on my shoulders.  sleeping was a nightmare, the cables coming out of the back of my head pulled my neck while I was asleep.  I had some seizure during the five days and one episode that lasted around ten minutes.  so hopefully that will lead to some positive results.  The company takes about a week to process the results of the test and the “detailed” notes I had to take every time I did something, like eating or laying around.  Next week will be interesting when we get the results back at the neurologist appointment.